Here at Luxury Legs, we’re so excited about the arrival of FALKE’s Beauty Plus Range! We’ve got together in collaboration with Hayley Hasselhoff and Falke’s own Sarah Plaßmann. Sarah let us in on all things Beauty Plus, Fashion, Falke and beauty. This is how it went;
Tell us about you and how you started at FALKE:
- I’m 30 years old, live in Cologne, and have worked at FALKE since 2016. I started working in FALKE Fashion, and then moved to the core legwear business. Now as PM for ‘FALKE Women Hosiery & Bodywear’, I’m responsible for multiple areas including fashion collections, basic assortment, and innovations.
Tell us about Beauty Plus:
- This developed from an idea to an exciting, innovative collection of tights for women who celebrate, and want to ‘dress their curves’.
- We have definitely seen a rising trend in more and more curvy models adorning the covers of major fashion magazines. Curvy celebrities have become idols, and millions of people are following plus size influencers on Instagram. Even Barbie became curvy!
- Plus Size Fashion is everywhere and has become an inherent part of the fashion business.
- The Beauty Plus collection offers a range of articles specifically designed for large sizes. We originally posed the question, ‘Are they even necessary?’ And our answer is an unequivocal ‘YES!’ Discussions with our customers showed that they had very specific wishes and requirements in terms of fit, quality and comfort, which had not previously been fulfilled. That’s why we combined the specific demands together and developed a completely new tights concept. ‘The result?’ the new FALKE Beauty Plus Collection. They will win you over with their perfectly proportioned cuts with soft shaping at the hips, thighs and calves, and exceptional comfort thanks to the high FALKE standard of quality. We really have looked at every detail, even offering a short leg and long leg with each size to reflect individual proportions perfectly.
- Our shared goal: tights that suit the demands of curvy women perfectly!
Was this collection born from a “need” or a “trend”?
- Both. We first saw the trend (more and more curvy models, curvy women who love fashion and want to express themselves, plus size became an inherent part of the fashion business), but we also saw the “need” while we carried out discussions and research together with consumers. Therefore we have created an innovative product, to answer this demand.
Who is this collection for and who is your target audience. Are you going to develop it going forward?
- Falke has developed a product for women from Size UK 14/16 – 22/24, who love fashion and cosmetics and like to wear skirts, dresses and tights. The collection focusses on a range of 20 denier and 50 denier tights to fit every occasion!
- We´re always thinking of new products. Innovation is one of our strongest competitive advantage. Thus, we always have new things in progress.
What are the unique design features of the range and are you going to extend them to other ranges?
The benefits of the Falke product:
The benefits of the FALKE Beauty Plus product:
- Beautiful legs thanks to fine transparency and an even and matt appearance (3D knitting technique).
- Perfectly proportioned cuts for long and short legs (new size system)
- Innovative, comfortable and wide waist bands.
- Premium panty section without irritating gusset.
- No more inner thigh skin irritation thanks to innovation knit technology.
- Gentle shaping effect due to form-fitting areas.
- No extension to other ranges planned.
How do you explain the increased demand for a more diverse size range and what does it mean for a company like Falke?
- Individualism becomes more and more important – especially in the way of fashion and lifestyle. A lot of people want to stand out of the crowd and celebrate and express their personality and individuality. Everybody is different with individual proportions, which is why we have developed a diverse size range (including two leg lengths) therefore enabling the tights to fit like a second skin, and provide the FALKE comfort that we are so proud of.
- What in your view, is the definition of beauty? (can be anything)
For me, beauty is a feeling.
A feeling of pleasure and a positive mood. For me, beauty isn´t automatically related to the appearance of something.
When you see a beautiful woman, or see a breath taking landscape or hear a nice piece of music and you feel a sudden pleasure, then you´re making an experience of beauty.